From (Dev) Team Fortress Wiki
Main article: Paint Can
Mouseover cells to preview the images on a dark background. Click on the images to enlarge them.
- The Vintage Merryweather was added to the game.
- The Vintage Merryweather was made paintable.
- [Undocumented] Added a community-contributed description for the Vintage Merryweather.
- [Undocumented] The Vintage Merryweather can now be uncrated with Unusual quality.
- The Vintage Merryweather's painting texture was improved.
- The description of this was written by ASpieboy for the Hat Describing Contest, and was slightly modified by Valve.
- Merryweather helmets were originally produced by the Merryweather company, a 19th-century British manufacturer of firefighting equipment.
- The Merryweather was originally submitted as the "Vintage Pyrolean", a play on the pre-existing Vintage Tyrolean's name. The hat is still labeled "pyrolean" in the game files.
- During development, the Vintage Merryweather was entirely gold. Its texture was later changed in favor of its current color before submission.