Upon taunting with the Sandman or Atomizer equipped, the Scout points to the sky, winds up, and swings the bat, instantly killing any enemy too slow, unaware, or simply unfortunate enough to be in range.
This Home Run taunt kill is capable of casting the victim's ragdoll a considerable distance away. Although the entirety of the wind-up is silent, a successful hit will result in the cheers of an invisible crowd. The kill area of the taunt is relatively low, allowing enemies to jump in front of the Scout and avoid death. The range at which the taunt will kill is 48 Hammer Units, past which it has no effect. If multiple enemies are within range, they will all take damage.
Damage and function times
|Damage and function times|
|Taunt duration||5 s|
|Values are approximate and determined by community testing.|
- The Home Run taunt was added to the game.
- Fixed the BONK! particles appearing in the air when the bat's taunt kill is used on a target.
- [Undocumented] The Scout no longer speaks during the duration of the taunt.
- [Undocumented] Assigned the Home Run taunt to the Atomizer.
- The point at which the Scout points to the sky during the taunt is a reference to Babe Ruth's famous called shot.